Tue, 07 Nov|
2 Days- Restorative Practices - Sustaining Positive Discipline in Schools by David Vinegrad (HYBRID)
Time & Location
07 Nov, 9:00 am SGT – 08 Nov, 5:00 pm SGT
Singapore TBA, Singapore
About the Event
Restorative Practices (RP) promotes positive relationships in a school environment. The practice builds healthy communities, increases social capital, decreases antisocial behavior, repairs harm and restores relationships.
Participants will be guided through an examination of how RP promotes moral development, positive brain chemistry, oral language competencies and social regulation through Positive Education and Positive Psychology. Further, the latest research on neuroscience in the area of life span development, neurogenesis and biological and social management of our emotions will be explored.
- RP Philosophy, Values and Principles
- Research on neuroscience towards Restorative Practices
- Positive Education and Positive Psychology
- Learning and Developing Discipline approaches with less reliance on punishment
- Addressing and Responding to disengaged behaviors (anti social and absenteeism)
- Ways to establish Positive Teacher-Student Relationships (TSR)
- Sustaining and Strengthening respectful Relationships within the Classroom and School