Tue, 16 Nov | Mental Wellness Online Workshop
Mental Wellness for Student Wellbeing Online Workshop
Practical tools and strategies for teachers (kindergarten, primary, secondary and tertiary) that can be applied with students during daily interactions. These strategies are drawn from a range of recognized psychological modalities including positive psychology and mindfulness.
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
16 Nov 2021, 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm SGT
Mental Wellness Online Workshop
About the Event
Participants in this workshop will take away a range of strategies to support students in managing anxious thoughts and feelings.
Managing Mental Health Issues:
- Using Body Signals as way to gauge student mental well beingness.
- Meta-cognitive skills (thinking about how we think)
- Early identification of students’ symptoms including stress
- Deliberate attentional control
- Body – mind connection
- Guided Imagery Relaxation technique
- Strengths-based approach to improve self esteem and build resiliency
- Use of role plays
- Using Visual resources
- Reframing, normalising & externalising